Beautiful hair needs an expert: Silk Pillowcase


My recommendation this week is simple- invest in a silk pillowcase. With the arrival of winter, you might find yourself challenged with unusually dry hair. One way to prevent this problem is to use a silk pillowcase.

Certain fabrics, such as cotton, deplete the hair of moisture and cause friction on the hair's cuticle (outermost layer of hair), leaving it dry and prone to breakage. Not only will a silk pillowcase keep your hair soft and smooth, but it feels so good on your skin! I'm recommending that Beyonce add this to her packing list as she travels around the world promoting her new album.

 

7 comments:

monique said...

i was thinking a few weeks ago that i really needed to get a couple of satin pillowcases! of course i didn't think about it again until i read this, so thanks for reminding me! :)

November 22, 2008 at 12:47 PM
beautylogicblog said...

this is sooooooo true

November 24, 2008 at 9:52 AM
Anonymous said...

I had heard the same thing about cotton pillowcases. They absorb the moisture from your hair and skin that's needed to be healthy. Cotton also causes split-ends and bedhead. I began using satin pillowcases a couple of years ago and what a difference. My hair is much healthier and I don’t have those pillow creases on my face in the morning. There is an amazing website that sells not only solid colors but these awesome prints. I found a set that is perfect with my color scheme in a soft, beautiful print and I found a set in a funky pattern. Both are so amazingly comfortable. I also bought a peppermint eye pillow that is just so relaxing. The name of the company is A Touch Of Satin. Their website is http://www.atouchofsatin.com They had a page that talked about all the benefits of sleeping on satin. Give them a look and let me know what you think.

November 30, 2008 at 9:09 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Monique: Buy them! Your hair will love you for it. :)

December 3, 2008 at 11:22 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Dominican Enigma": Right! I'm addicted and I notice a difference when I'm sleeping on cotton pillowcases... :)

December 3, 2008 at 11:23 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": Thanks so much for the information! I have a lavender eye pillow that I LOVE!!!

Thanks for stopping by. :)

December 3, 2008 at 11:25 PM
Decorative Tray said...

Every morning when you look at yourself in the mirror, you wish to see your perfect hair instead of bed head. If so, then silk pillows can help you in this case.

April 26, 2019 at 5:23 AM

Post a Comment