Mischo Beauty School: Haircuts 101



I continue to receive the same question with regards to how to go about achieving a great haircut. It's actually a perfect time to revisit this topic- with the arrival of Fall, it's a great time to consider reinventing your look! But, just last week I had my own hair cut and hated it! I know exactly why my haircut went wrong. Though I've been seeing the same stylist for about a year now- I guess I've just gotten too comfortable with her. There was no consultation and no discussion of haircut photos, and I ended up with a lopsided haircut. For those that read my FHI Heat Platform 1" Special Edition review last week, you know that I went home and washed my hair out in an effort to try to fix my bad haircut!

At any rate, every haircut is made up of a combination of basic techniques used to create varying shapes and effects on the hair. Before having your haircut, I recommend the following:

- Consultation with stylist (discuss face shape, hair texture and lifestyle)
- Review haircut pictures with stylist
- Consider home maintenance requirements
- Be realistic

Taking the above into consideration will ensure that you and the stylist agree on the best direction and that the stylist has adequate information to achieve the desired end result. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions. Oh, and I'd love to hear your haircut stories! Love your hair.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment