Beautiful hair needs an expert: FHI Heat Hot Sauce


Thanks to ELLE magazine I learned a while ago that the hairstylist responsible for Rihanna's chic and sexy haircut was Ursula Stephen. I was surprised to find out that Ursula swears by FHI's Heat Hot Sauce thermal protector. She completely coats Rihanna's hair with it before flat-ironing. I'd actually seen this product at a hairshow a few years ago and was turned off by the packaging, along with the inclusion of "hot sauce" in the name- hair and "hot sauce" just didn't mix well for me. According to the FHI website, "heat-activated jojoba crystals penetrate the follicle, leaving the hair shiny, soft and silky". The fact that Rihanna's hair looks healthy ALL of the time (and it's probably styled and restyled mutilple times daily) has convinced me to give this a try! Just ordered it! I'll let you know my thoughts.

Have you tried it?

Source

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clutch mag did an interview with Ursula back in May.

Here is a link to it for those interested http://clutchmagonline.com/beauty/beauty-chic/ursula-stephen-celebrity-hairstylist-and-new-image-beauty-expert/

I've never tried the Heat Hot Sauce but will have to check it out.

August 1, 2008 at 2:26 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Donna: Thanks for that! Checking it out now. :)

August 1, 2008 at 2:35 PM
Unknown said...

I wonder if this product makes the hair heavy or if it will still have movement. Keep me posted on what you think.

August 1, 2008 at 8:09 PM
Anonymous said...

just ordered some... i'll let you know what i think once it gets here... i'm excited to try it ;)

August 2, 2008 at 11:36 AM
Anonymous said...

that was me ;)

August 2, 2008 at 11:36 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous/Andrea: Cool- please share! :)

August 5, 2008 at 11:03 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shalon: I ordered it and will do a follow-up post.

August 5, 2008 at 11:04 PM
Roselyn said...

hmmm....as a latina i'm naturally attracted to anything proclaiming to be hot and spicy, so um yeah, looks like I'll be picking up a bottle of this hot sauce pretty soon!

August 6, 2008 at 10:25 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Roselyn: Haha! I hear ya girly! Well, my shipment came today, so I'll post a follow-up next week. :)

August 6, 2008 at 10:39 AM
Hairlicious Inc. said...

let us know how it turns out! I would love to try it.

August 8, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Sunshyne": I sure will- it was actually delivered this week, so I plan to use it over the weekend and do a follow-up post next week.

Thanks for stopping by! :)

August 8, 2008 at 1:58 PM
Anonymous said...

Yeah anyone who tries this product please post how it turns out because I'm trying to get my hair to grow out and i need a protector that can keep it safe from all that flat-ironing. Thanks!

May 15, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": I've actually tried the product and it's good. I only use it on my hair when it's wet, before I blow dry...my hair type is 4B. Check it out and see what you think. I don't know your hair type/issues, so it might/might not work for you...:)

May 16, 2009 at 11:23 AM

Post a Comment