Mischo Beauty Product Review: Microdermx


I've posted a few lessons on microdermabrasion in the past and have expressed my thoughts regarding the best candidates for the procedure, as well as my personal experiences with it. When given the opportunity to try Microdermx, I honestly thought it was just another exfoliant, but I was wrong. Microdermx is a microdermabrasion treatment made with medical-grade corundum crystals and works to refine enlarged pores, fade blemishes (acne scars, fine lines, uneven skin tone), stimulate collagen and elastin production, and increase cellular renewal. As soon as I applied Step 1 (Refinish), I knew right away that this was a professional strength treatment. It immediately reminded me of the microdermabrasion treatments I'd received in the past. Step 2 (Replenish) felt both calming and soothing on my skin. I think this is a good alternative for home use and I love the fact that there are no artificial fragrances/colors, parabens or fillers.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mischo-

Does a gloss/tint/coating treatment for black hair do any damage? My stylist says it doesn't, because there is no ammonia and does not lift the hair color. I just want to make sure that it's actually good for hair--

July 22, 2008 at 6:16 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous: Your stylist is right! The "gloss/tint/coating treatment" falls into the "semipermanent" haircolor category. They are formulated without ammonia, so they only partially penetrate the hair shaft and they don't lighten the hair. They last about 6-8 weeks and will fade with each shampoo.

They are very gentle on the hair and the great thing is that there is no maintenance of new growth!

Do you have any other questions?

Oh, I wrote a short post on haircolor:

http://www.mischobeauty.com/2008/06/mischo-beauty-school-haircolor-101.html

Check it out if you have time! :)

July 22, 2008 at 6:53 PM
Anonymous said...

hi mischo, thanks for your reply--

So is it the same as doing nothing to your hair?-- (in terms of damage)

July 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Anonymous said...

I am thinking of getting the Paul Mitchell PM SHINES treatment. I have virgin black hair and my stylist recommends a treatment. -- it's supposedly a "demi-permanent" color. It doesn't damage hair at all?

July 22, 2008 at 7:19 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous: I'm not sure what you're asking in your 2nd question?

July 23, 2008 at 7:16 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous: You're welcome. First, I've never used the "Paul Mitchell PM SHINES treatments". Secondly, without seeing and touching your hair and having a full consultation (re: hair history, lifestyle, etc.)- this response is based off of what I know about demipermanent haircolor.

Demipermanent haircolor is similar to semipermanent haircolor in that it only deposits color- it does not lift or lighten. They are different in that demipermanent haircolor may contain ammonia which is used to allow the cuticle to swell to allow a greater deposit of haircolor into the hair shaft. Ultimately, the haircolor penetrates deeper and lasts longer.

It is a chemical- yes. Will it damage your hair- well it shouldn't if your hair is in good health to begin with and if you take care of your hair.

If your hair is "virgin" - meaning you've never had any chemical services AND healthy- then you have the best head of hair to work with!

You shouldn't have any problems!

Any more questions?

July 23, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Post a Comment