Mischo Beauty Reader Favorite: Benefit's Hard Angle Brush

So it's Thursday and it's time for my weekly "Mischo Beauty Reader Favorite" post. I received an e-mail from my reader Shalon, asking me to share her new beauty "must-have"! It's the Hard Angle Brush by Benefit and she uses it for applying a thin line of MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. She says it gives her that "really open eye look", with no smudges, which eyeliner pencils give her during the summer. She says it's funny, because she only started using the brush to apply eyeliner when she ran out of her eyeliner pencil and now she doesn't know what she'd do without it! She says it can also be used for filling in brows, especially the tail, which you always want both soft and natural-looking.

I love it! Thank for sharing Shalon! Have you tried this brush?

If you'd like to share your favorite beauty products, simply send an e-mail to: mischobeauty@gmail.com with "Mischo Beauty Reader Favorite" in the subject line and tell me all about it!

 

4 comments:

Lisa Brown-Hall, EIC The Ghetto Fashionista said...

I just responded to your tag:) I have a beauty related question for you... my skin tends to be oily and though I love using MAC blotting sheets, I would love to find a product that would minimize oiliness; for example something to wear under powder or foundation- any suggestions?

June 20, 2008 at 8:05 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "The Ghetto Fashionista": Oh good- I'll check it out! Thanks for playing!

Now on to your question- that's a hard one! Controlling oiliness is always a challenge! Of course I would suggest that you tone and use an oil-free moisturizer as part of your skincare regimen. Also, make sure your liquid foundation is oil-free as well.

I would suggest wearing a primer under your foundation. If you have oily skin, then your pores are probably larger than normal due to being filled with oil, etc. The primer will assist in helping to achieve a smoother finish, when paired with your foundation. Here are a few primers I'd suggest trying:

1. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Oil Free (sephora.com)

2. LORAC aquaPRIME Oil Free Makeup Primer

3. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light

You may have to try a few different brands in order to determine which really works for you.

I hope this helped! :)

June 20, 2008 at 8:35 AM
Amee said...

I love an angle brush..I will have to give this one a try! Thanks Mischo and Shalon!!

Hello to the ghetto fashionista love seeing you in my inbox :)

June 20, 2008 at 5:30 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Amee: A very special thanks to YOU for your support!:)

June 23, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Post a Comment