Mischo Beauty Product Review: L’Oreal's Skin Genesis Daily Moisturizer Oil-Free Lotion

I was recently given the opportunity to try L'Oreal's Skin Genesis Daily Moisturizer Oil-Free Lotion, and because I loved the Daily Treatment Serum Concentrate- I gladly accepted! I've been using this both in the morning (under my sunscreen since it doesn't contain SPF) and at night and have found that my skin both feels smooth and looks hydrated. I have an oily t-zone, so I can appreciate the fact that this is lightweight and oil-free. It contains an anti-aging molecule called Pro-Xylane, which strengthens and tones skin cells which is great for preventing fine lines and wrinkles. And since my undergraduate degree is in Chemistry, I totally appreciate the fact that L'Oreal uses an environmentally safe process called Green Chemistry to extract Pro-Xylane from the beech wood plant. Pro-Xylane is easily absorbed into the environment and is non-toxic and biodegradable. An investment in this product is totally worth it's price and you know you're worth it!

Are you using any products from L'Oreal's Skin Genesis line?

 

11 comments:

Ugochi said...

this is a great lotion! loved it!

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day

June 14, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Anonymous said...

Hey! I am testing this now, too. Not too shabby, though I'm not in love. PS: You've been tagged!

June 15, 2008 at 9:24 AM
Anonymous said...

Why won't blogger save my address? Odd... It's *jen @ www.fifty-centhead.com, by the way, who tagged you.

June 15, 2008 at 9:29 AM
Anonymous said...

I have been using this for a little while now and i do like it... i can't say i'm totally in love either probably cuz i always am looking for something to control my t-zone oil... but it's a pretty good product ;)

June 15, 2008 at 10:25 PM
Perfumeshrine said...

Hi! Nice blog there.

All the Pro-something talk in skincare products (Pro-retinol, Pro-Xylane etc.) probably means that there is a precursor of the actual ingredient in the cream/gel/whatever, which is THEN metabolised into the actuve ingredient in the layers of the skin.
However this begs the question: how active can the ingredient be after all this processing back and forth and wouldn't it depend on the skin's own process of metabolism in the end?
(meaning: a tired skin doing a less good job of utilizing the ingredient, which it really needs than a young, fresh skin which does the job of metabolising/breaking down better but doesn't really need the help).
I wish they'd tell us those things, wouldn't you?

Appreciate your reporting on the textural and environmental issues surrounding the products! :-)

June 16, 2008 at 4:00 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "beauty365": I agree! Thanks for stopping by.:)

June 16, 2008 at 10:54 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Jen: Thanks, but I was tagged on June 5th. Check out my post. Thanks for thinking of me!:)

June 16, 2008 at 10:55 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: I totally feel you with the t-zone issue! Ugh! You may want to lightly apply the lotion in those areas...

June 16, 2008 at 10:56 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "perfumeshrine": You bring up very great points- some of which should probably be directed to a Dermatologist or even to the cosmetic chemists at L'Oreal! I for one won't even attempt and try and act like I have the answers because I do not. But, one thing I try to keep in mind is the fact that we all have different skin types/issues, so what works for one person may not work for another!

I tell my clients to test a product out for about a month and use it consistently within a skincare regimen- and if they aren't seeing the desired results, then they should try something else. Now if their issue is serious/stressful/medical, etc- then I recommend they see a Dermatologist!

Thanks for stopping by!:)

June 16, 2008 at 11:02 AM
Anonymous said...

I love the eye serum!! I did not have luck with the face serum, sadly! I have extremely dry skin and fine lines, and this, for some reason, made my skin drier!!! I think I might be having a reaction to something! So sad. But the eye serum is amazing =)

June 16, 2008 at 4:06 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Angie: I totally understand that every product will not work for everyone! I hope your reaction wasn't too bad! I will definitely check out the eye serum- thanks for letting me know. Oh, and thanks so much for stopping by! :)

June 16, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Post a Comment