Mischo Beauty Product Review: SOMME INSTITUTE Skincare with MDT5 Technology

I was given the opportunity to try the Somme Institute Skincare line a month ago, but because I'd just switched my skincare from Dermalogica to REN (and I'm really loving REN), I decided to send it to my reader "Curly Gurl" to try. She quite often leaves questions for me with regards to skincare issues she's having and desperately wants to start a skincare regimen that works for her. So I sent her the Nourishing Cleanser, Transport (exfoliant), Serum, A-Bomb (face cream), Double Defense Day Moisture SPF30 and the Eye Cream.

Ok, so the scientist in me was excited to learn that these products are formulated with a Molecular Dispersion Technology 5 (MDT5) which is a molecular antioxidant compound of 5 highly engineered vitamins (A, C, E, D, B3 and B5) that penetrate deep within the skin, at high concentrations, to repair and rejuvenate skin cells. They're formulated to treat all skin types and conditions such as sun damage, fine lines & wrinkles, acne and discoloration, as well as improve tone and texture. Woooooow! So here's what "Curly Gurl" had to say after using the products for 3 weeks:

Nourishing Cleanser: "It's a non-soap cleansing lotion that gently cleans skin without irritating it. I like it even though it is not a necessary part of the regimen. I would elect to use it anyway since it cleaned the skin before I swiped with the Transport pad, which meant the pad wasn't as filled with dirt as it could have been and I only had to use one for the face, neck and upper chest."

Transport: "It exfoliates with alpha acids; can sting a bit (my skin is sensitive, but I did not do as they advised and squeeze out the pad for sensitive skin). I liked it, which is good since it is one of the three core/integral products in the regimen. My skin felt as if it had been to a Moroccan bath house - a little stingy but hella clean!"

Serum: "Another of the three core elements of the regimen. I don't know if I can judge it as a stand-alone product, but the results have been amazing so if it is an integral part of getting to the results I've seen after only 16 days, then bring it on! I would say be careful with it around the eyes (which Somme Institute also says)."

A-Bomb: "A luscious moisturizing cream. I love it! My skin is actually soft like a baby's bottom! I think there is some sort of collagen in this product- it is so effective. I used all items, except the Double Defense, morning and night. I have sensitive skin and this gave me no problems at all. I am very happy with the increased suppleness of my skin and it's healthy, fresh look (dare I say, dewy even???!!!)."

New Eye Cream: "I am ambivalent about the eye cream. I don't think I've used it long enough to see marked results. Even the manufacturer says it is an optional item as you can use the A-Bomb carefully around the eyes. But I have noticed some crinkles at the outer corners of my eyes and sagginess underneath (though not extreme) so I will continue to use the eye cream for a month or two to see what comes of it."

Double Defense SPF30: "I liked this as well. This only goes on in the morning and I felt so accomplished protecting my skin and healing it at the same time. This moisturizer is very lightweight to contain a sunscreen, thus it spread very easily and absored quickly into my skin. I was very happy about that!"

"Overall, after only 2 days I felt I looked rested in a way I normally do not because of my hectic schedule and various responsibilities. My skin feels more supple and looks firmer and healthier. My adult acne issues are being resolved!! I have been struggling over the past 3-4 months with adult acne and was given a spot gel by the dermatologist, which stings like crazy and just isn't very effective. This regimen feels very easy on my skin and is actually doing what it claims to do. My acne began drying up and fading at day 2, my skin has a healthy glow (my mother thought I'd gotten a tan!) that in turn makes me feel more energetic (looking tired brings you down!). This is a pricey system, but only three items (Transport, Serum and A-Bomb) are core products. I believe it is totally worth the investment to nurture and heal your body's largest organ. Healthy skin makes for healthy people!"

Thank you "Curly Gurl"! Has anyone tried this line? Any thoughts?

(photo courtesy of sommeinstitute.com)

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked at a day spa for a long time, and this was the main line that we carried. Everyone would rave about it constantly! Now I am finally using it myself, and after the first day i noticed that my face felt oh-so-soft, clean, and it was truly glowing! I was a dedicated proactive user before, but this is much better! If you are hesitant about the price, try the "pillow pack" first- it's only $20, and I'm sure you will get hooked!

April 25, 2009 at 5:52 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": Thanks for sharing that! :)

April 29, 2009 at 1:51 PM
Anonymous said...

I just recently became a sales rep for this line and I told them for me to sale this product, I must believe in that line first. I also have an esthetics background and have previously been exposed to many skin care lines and I must say, this one delivers what it promises. In one week, I saw dramatic improvements because I have serious sun damage especially for someone in their early 30's. This was developed to reach those inner layers of skin that most skin care lines cannot penetrate far beneath the epidermis. It is a little pricey but if you factor in the results, it's well worth it in my opinion. I can't even begin to know how much money I've wasted in the past on stuff that just does not work. You will love this line!

June 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": Thanks so much for sharing that! :)

June 9, 2009 at 11:08 PM
thetacoach said...

This is the MOST miraculous group of products I have ever used! I am getting my babydoll skin back and I live on the other side of the sun where my skin went crazy!!

September 2, 2009 at 3:28 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To thetacoach: Wow! So glad to hear they're working for you. :)

September 17, 2009 at 11:36 AM
Tiffany said...

I have tried many products throughout my adult acne ridden life. In the first 2 weeks of using Somme products my skin was wreck and I almost quit using the products. But now use my skin looks better than I have EVER seen. I am 35 years old and I can finally look at my skin in the mirror and like what I see. I am excited about these products. I am getting numerous compliments on how my skin looks from my friends. I feel great. Tiffany Portland Oregon

November 20, 2009 at 7:05 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Tiffany: Thanks for sharing!

November 29, 2009 at 12:22 AM
vp said...

first let me make it clear that I have only been using the transport, serum, & a-bomb products for the last 2 weeks. I also decided that I was going to give this product a real test by discontinuing my rosacea topical cream, finacea (I am however still taking the oral pill doxycycline).

I have noticed that my skin's texture is far better. I do have concerns about dryness. The a-bomb is nice but it leaves me with a bit of dissatisfaction regarding hydration. My rosacea has not gotten worse but also not improved...that said - I think that bodes very well frot his product. like I said I abruptly discontinued my topical medication and have not seen any negative effects from doing that.

bottom line: skin texture notably better, skin does feel a bit drier than I'd like, appears to be good for rosacea suffers.

I will buy again.

October 14, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Anonymous said...

I recently went to a day spa in Northern Washington. This is the line they use for facials, and i was nervous, since i had never heard of it. I have been using Proactive for the last 2 years, i havnt been thrilled, and i tried to stop once, and my skin freaked, and broke out!!! But I knew there must be better out there... I have redness down my cheeks, larger pores. Basically a generally uneven complection, that i thought would just never go away. Ive had many facials in the past and i was always red and blotchy afterward. Thats why i was happy to just have to hop in an elevator and no one would see me after this treatment. Then i saw myself in the mirror. Could it be?! I was GLOWING! I could not believe how instantly refreshed and dewey i looked! Everything had been set out at the desk that had been used on me. No one was pushy at all. But there had to be somthing special here, even if the price made me want to run away. They gave me samples and were so kind. Even offering the cheaper travel kit. I knew though, if it worked, i would be paying these prices in a month or so when the travel kit ran out. I told myself, since i am a hard working mom of 2, that this is worth it to make ME feel better! If i could actually leave the house with no makeup?! I bought the whole system. My skin after less than a week is more even. Zits i had forming are gone! Just gone. No dried up flakey mess in their place. I truely get to relive the facial process every time i wash. I love the way it feels and the way i look. (my husband noticed right away too.) Sorry for the book, but ladies, i was a skeptic!!! GO FOR IT! you wont be dissapointed! Also, my estetician told me to cut the transport pads in 4ths to extend them,(since my skin isnt that bad anyways) and to concentrate the pad around my nose chin and forehead. And yes as previously stated, to squeeze a lil out, and that the stinging is normal. I hope this helps. I can honestly say, you and it are worth it!

November 10, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Post a Comment