Mischo Beauty Loves: Madonna for Versace Spring/Summer 2005 Ad Campaign





You all know that I'm a lover of a beautifully executed ad campaign and this is one of my favorites! I know there were many people (creative director, art director, photographer, makeup artist, hairstylist, fashion stylist, manicurist, etc.) who worked together to make this a success. I will say though that I think Madonna's hair was retouched too much- it doesn't look natural like it should- I can't tell if it's her natural hair, a wig or weave! At any rate I still love the ad campaign and I love the fact that at almost 50, she's more fabulous than ever!

Madonna is everywhere these days- especially since the release of her new album "Hard Candy"! She's a lover of shu uemura products and my friend Julia of "All About the Pretty" tells you, step-by-step, how Madonna's look from the album cover was created.

Any shu uemura lovers out there?

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes her hair is a little "forced" in those ads but she & versace are timeless and classic beauties... 3 years later both of them are still relevant ;)

May 21, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: I totally agree and I love those ads! I guess it's the "hairstylist" in me that's over analyzing her hair in the ads. ;)

May 21, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Post a Comment