Mischo Beauty Product Review: Tom's of Maine Natural Long-Lasting Deodorant Stick

I've been using Tom's of Maine toothpaste for years now, and while it took a while to get used to (it doesn't contain artificial sweeteners), now I find that I won't use anything else! In an effort to make informed changes with my personal care products (isn't there a saying "when you know better, you should try to do better"- I'm guilty, but I'm trying!), I recently decided to search for a "natural" deodorant. I'd tried Tom's of Maine Natural Long-Lasting Deodorant Stick a few years ago with no luck and after that I went back to my regular brand. Well after visiting their website and learning that they'd "improved" the formula by adding an ingredient called "Hops" (which inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria) I decided to give it another try. I picked up the "Apricot" fragrance (love it!) and prepared myself to have it with me at all times so that I'd be able to freshen up throughout the day. Surprisingly, since I've started using it, I haven't had the need to reapply it! I know body chemistry varies, but I'd recommend it if you're searching for a natural deodorant.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know I too had switched to Tom's toothpaste (haven't brought it in a while however, guilty I know) and wanted to try the deodorant.

Just this week I have gone to using baking soda, really out of necessity but because it works so well I'm thinking of sticking to it but will also try Tom's as an alternative.

April 25, 2008 at 7:31 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Donna: The Tom's deodorant hasn't let me down yet... but, we'll see as the weather gets warmer...

April 25, 2008 at 3:04 PM
Ugochi said...

ok, i just ran out of my Secret Platinum Tropical Satin deodorant annnnd it was out of stock at the drugstore, so i bought some Tom's!

i also tried it years ago and, let's just say it let me down, but we'll see this time!

i am about to go out dancing, so it will be put to a real test...

**gulp**

wish me luck!

April 26, 2008 at 7:53 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "beauty 365": LOL! Uh oh... I haven't worn my natural deodorant out dancing yet- LOL! Please send us a report back!! ;)

April 28, 2008 at 10:23 AM
Ugochi said...

lol, umm...

had a few weeks to try out this deodorant and it's ok.

it didn't hold up too well for that stint on the dancefloor...

:-/

but, it's still fine for times when i won't be sweating too much or when it is still cool outside.

Plus, it is a lot better than the old formula because i didn't experience a ton of wetness like last time.

do you know of any natural deodorant brands that work?

May 12, 2008 at 11:02 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "beauty365": I agree. It's great for low activity- but it doesn't work for me at the gym (LOL!) and I've opted for something stronger when going out!;)

Thanks for letting us know your experiences with it! :)

May 12, 2008 at 11:57 AM
Unknown said...

I've had my share of natural deodorants and I haven't been pleased with any of them. I finally found a natural deodorant that works with my allergies. The products are from www.lavanila.com I really recommend them!! Amazing and they smell great!

July 12, 2010 at 11:19 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Lisa: Thanks for the recommendation. I have it and will review it soon! :)

July 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Post a Comment