Mischo Beauty Pick: Organic Argan Oil

If you've been keeping up with my blog, you all know how much I love jojoba oil and how I've discussed it's use in a variety of hair, skin and nail products. Well I must let you all know that I have a new love and it's Argan Oil. It differs from jojoba oil in that it's extracted from the Argan Tree, which only grows in Morocco and it's very rich in Vitamin E (antioxidant) and essential fatty acids which work together to prevent signs of aging! Premature aging is caused by free radicals which damage skin cells, destroying the skin's collagen and elastin. As a result, the skin begins to sag and show fine lines and wrinkles. Prevention is the key and once I discovered Argan Oil I couldn't wait to start using it. I've been using it at night after cleansing and toning and before moisturizing and I've been waking up to smooth, glowing skin. I'm sure to double cleanse in the morning before applying my eye cream, moisturizer, sunscreen and makeup for the day.

Argan Oil is similar to jojoba oil in that it is also a great moisturizer for hair, skin and nails. And the beauty industry has jumped on the bandwagon! If you haven't noticed, you'll begin to see major cosmetic companies incorporating it into their beauty products. But, nothing beats using the pure 100% certified organic version! It's fragrance free, paraben free and not tested on animals. Because of it's multi-use, you're getting anti-aging benefits, a hair conditioner, body moisturizer and nail strengthener all in one- and that you can't beat!

Is anyone using Argan Oil? Any thoughts?

(photo courtesy of arganbody.com)

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The argan Oil is available at Salon
Ziba, www.salonziba.com , where we also use it for a special nail treatment. We love it!!

April 11, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Thanks for that because not only is it a great moisturizer for the nails, but it's also a great nail strengthener!

April 11, 2008 at 8:53 PM
beautylogicblog said...

I'm addicted to oils. I'll have to try this one.

April 12, 2008 at 4:15 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "dominican enigma": You should give it a try- I think you'll like it!

April 13, 2008 at 8:50 AM
beautylogicblog said...

Hey one of my indian friends who has hair to die for, recommended amla oil to me. I may try it because her hair is breathtaking.

April 16, 2008 at 1:32 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "dominican enigma": Oh wow! WHERE can we get that! I must definitely try it!!!! :)

April 16, 2008 at 1:44 PM
beautylogicblog said...

I think she orders it from India. I'm trying to find an american distributor. Hugs, DE

April 16, 2008 at 3:12 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Oh, ok. Please let me know when you do! Thxs.

April 16, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Anonymous said...

I've been usin Argan oil for 2 years now, it does wonders for the skin. You will go to sleep and wake up with glowing skin.

February 16, 2009 at 10:19 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": I believe you! It's great!! :)

February 17, 2009 at 2:18 PM
AB said...

Mischo, what site can I go to the argon oil in your pic?

November 11, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To AB: The company selling the oil in the photo was Arganbody.com. I just visited their website and it seems they've gone out of business. :(

November 11, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Post a Comment