Mischo Beauty Product Review: Dior DiorShow Mascara



This mascara has been a favorite for many for a while now and I can't believe I'm just getting around to reviewing it! I must admit that the print ads are what drew me in initially. Having worked in advertising, I can fully appreciate a well executed ad campaign. Excellent photography, a beautiful model, flawless makeup and perfect retouching are what sold me!

After picking it up from Sephora and using it for a few weeks I was completely convinced! Though the tube itself is somewhat long, I do love the sleek package design. My favorite part about the mascara is the brush. The bristles are thick, full and lush. The application is very smooth, catching every lash, and believe it or not- one coat is enough. But for going out, I usually apply three coats on each side for extra length, volume and that "faux" lash look.

I will tell you that this is on the higher end of mascaras, it is a little more expensive, but I feel it's worth it if you have the budget for it!

What's your favorite mascara?

 

8 comments:

fuzkittie said...

I agree that is an awesome mascara, but when I found Diorshow's Black out Mascara, I fell even more in love. The brush is the same, but the color of this mascara is such an intense black. It really defines the lashes. You are right the great thing about Dior's mascara is that even though the brush isn't all high tech-y contoured or anything, the full and lush design paired with simply the high quality of the mascara itself makes applying it a breeze. It doesn't clump and gives amazing volume and length! What more could a girl wish for?! =)

April 2, 2008 at 10:12 AM
Unknown said...

I have been wanting to try this for a while. I don't wear too much makeup but I love to focus on my eyes. I think I will try this. Do you get flakes from the mascara at the end of the day?

April 2, 2008 at 4:08 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "fuzkittie": Ok- I must try Diorshow's Black out Mascara- sounds like a must-have! Thank you for the recommendation!!

April 3, 2008 at 12:25 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shalon: No flaking! I think you'll love it. Please let me know if you try it...

April 3, 2008 at 12:27 AM
Ugochi said...

ugh!

i hate DiorShow! i really tried to love it, i really did.

it makes my eyes itch and kind of smells like chemicals :(

but...DiorShow Black Out is a whoooolllle other story ;)

me and that mascara have a love affair...

:-D

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day

April 4, 2008 at 10:20 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Oh wow! I guess that goes to show that not every product will work for everyone! I haven't tried the Diorshow Black Out, but I've added it to my list...

April 5, 2008 at 12:01 AM
MissBianca said...

I must try this mascara ... I love wearing Chanel mascara though I've been devoted for some years now but I have purchased Dior products and was always happy.

April 11, 2008 at 8:12 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

I have another reader who loves DiorShow Black Out- so you have 2 choices!

April 11, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Post a Comment