Mischo Beauty Product Review: Illusions Cosmetics

Celebrity makeup artists and twin sisters Janice and Denise Tunnell launched Illusions Cosmetics to address the needs of women of color. The collection includes foundations, powders, blush, eye shadows, eye and lip liners, lipsticks, makeup brushes and men's grooming products. They are best known for their lip glosses and recently launched a new collection of lip glosses named after film classics: "Carmen" (Dorothy Dandridge), "Dream Girls" (Beyonce), "Mahogany" (Diana Ross), "Sparkle" (Irene Cara) and "Brown Sugar" (Sanaa Lathan). Janice so graciously sent me the "Honey" Lustre Lip Gloss, "Torch" Lustre Lipstix and the "Sublime" Eye Dust. I was pleasantly surprised to find that after trying them all on, all matched the color descriptions. I was even more surprised to discover that the "Honey" Lustre Lip Gloss was a perfect match to my MAC "Instant Gold" Lustreglass, lots of shine with a sexy, pearlized sparkle! The "Torch" Lustre Lipstix has the exact same soft, creamy texture of my MAC Slimshines, including the high shine. I'm pleased with the products and even more pleased with the price points! For more information, please visit: www.illusionsbeauty.com

Has anyone tried this brand? Any thoughts?

(logo courtesy of illusionsbeauty.com)

 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I was just reading about these girls in a Black Haircare Magazine, I was going to ask you if you have heard of them. I was on their website a few days ago there is a makeup studio in Laurel called Haute Chocolate that sells their products. How was the quality?

April 16, 2008 at 6:55 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

I thought the quality was great! I mean I was really surprised! I'd definitely recommend you trying the products out!

April 16, 2008 at 7:04 PM
beautylogicblog said...

I'll check it out. I may have to stop looking at your site Mischo. I'm buying all your recommendations. (You're making me broke). Hugs, DE

April 16, 2008 at 7:05 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "dominican enigma": LOL! Well the lip gloss and lipstick were right up there with my MAC products! If you try them out, please let me know your thoughts!

April 16, 2008 at 7:11 PM
Anonymous said...

can their products only be purchased online?

April 17, 2008 at 9:07 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: The closest store locally is:

Haute Chocolate Studio
925 Fairlawn Ave. Suite 109
Laurel, MD 20707
ph# 301.725.0303

Maybe give them a call to see what products they have in stock first?

April 17, 2008 at 11:32 PM
Anonymous said...

I hear you Dominican Enigma! I am seriously much more of a cosmetics consumer now than I ever was thanks to Mischo Beauty. I would always just talk about a possible new look or whether I might want to try something, but I really am just trying stuff out now. Crazy! My pocket lining is getting very lonely... LOL!

April 21, 2008 at 1:52 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "curly gurl": Well I do appreciate your support! Thanks for always stopping by! :)

April 21, 2008 at 4:43 PM
Anonymous said...

The lip glosses are awesome! I must also say the newest eyeshadows - I can't remember the name - with the sparkle/glitter has SO much pigment (especially the darker colors). You've GOT to check them out! You can also order online.

June 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To icfaces: Thanks for that, and will do! :)

June 10, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Post a Comment