Mischo Beauty Extra: New York Times Style Section

It’s been a busy day and I’ve finally been able to catch up on all of my reading! I’ve just finished an article in today’s New York Times entitled “It’s Your Makeup Artist’s Autograph That I Want” which talks about how accomplished makeup artists such as Pat McGrath, Matin Maulawizada and Joanna Schlip add trustworthiness and prestige to cosmetic brands, which in turn ultimately has an impact on consumer purchases. They are all highly respected makeup artists and have a huge influence on popular culture. I really appreciated this article because like them, I aspire to develop cosmetic products, inspire trends, write beauty books, create how-to videos, and train and represent talented beauty professionals- along with many other ventures! Ultimately, my goal is to become a well-respected authority within the beauty industry! For those of you working hard to accomplish your dreams, click here to read more.

(Source: New York Times)

(photo: Retna/Pat McGrath, a makeup artist with celebrity of her own, readies Natalia Vodianova for the runway in New York.)

 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Pat McGrath, she is the best. I love how she can do something so pretty and natural and then do something crazy that you would see in a high fashion magazine.

March 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

She is AMAZING! "She has been the creative design director for Global Procter & Gamble Beauty and their CoverGirl and Max Factor brands since 2004."- this keeps me dreaming BIG dreams! She's an inspiration!

March 20, 2008 at 8:39 PM
Jennifer said...

Not for anything but I consider you a well-respected authority already!
I'm sure that we'll be hearing your name mentioned in these articles too!

March 20, 2008 at 9:40 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Wow! That's a huge compliment- thank you so much!! :)

March 20, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Post a Comment