Mischo Beauty Magic



I can’t believe I haven’t posted about my two most important beauty must-haves!? They’re like magic! I know most people can’t live without their lip gloss or mascara or foundation, but I can’t live without my Jolen Crème Bleach and Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils. In my opinion, the brows are the most important feature of the face. I know this sounds crazy, but believe me when I tell you that I’ve been on the quest to achieve the perfect brow for years!

It wasn’t until I attended a makeup symposium and witnessed celebrity makeup artist Sam Fine using the Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils, that I realized these might be the answer! You see, I’m a natural red-head, but for some reason my eyebrows are a lot darker. So lightening them and then lightly filling them in with the brow pencil creates the perfect brow!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you find that the pencil gives a more natural look than the angle brush and eye shadow? I'm torn.

February 7, 2008 at 10:37 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

My eyebrows are sparse- in some places I'm not working with very much- so I love using the pencil and then softening it up with the angle brush. I don't like how eye shadow looks on my brows...

February 8, 2008 at 9:49 PM
yummy411 said...

i now HAVE to bleach my brows to keep my face and eyes brightened. my sister loves that brow pencil. i use shadow, but playing around with my brows, i might have to use a pencil for a stronger color... oops! i should have left the brows to my fav brow tech!

February 11, 2008 at 8:27 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Haha! For some reason shadow never worked for me and I was always afraid to try the pencil because I thought it would look too harsh... but after seeing Sam Fine perform his magic- I promised myself that I would get it right w/ the pencil. LOL!

February 11, 2008 at 8:56 PM
Butta said...

Wow you took me back with this eyebrow pencil. This is all that my mother used on her eyebrows when I was growing up. Personally I'm partial to filling in and contouring my eyebrows with eyeshadow and a brush.

I'm curious about eyebrow bleaching but I'm skurred that I'll leave it on for too long and end up looking crazy. Speaking of which I met a sista this weekend who did just that. Not a good look.

February 18, 2008 at 4:24 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Hehehe... hilarious! I promise you I'm not walking around with waxy eyebrows! LOL! The trick is definitely in the application- light, featherly stokes and then follow that by using an angle brush to further soften it...

What eyeshadow (brand & color) do you use to fill in your brows?

February 19, 2008 at 1:10 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

I can't believe I just wrote "featherly"- LOL! I meant to say "feather-like" strokes!

February 19, 2008 at 2:53 PM

Post a Comment