Mischo Beauty Loves Kiehl's





My love affair with Kiehl's began when I was a student at Spelman. I used to take the marta out to Lenox Mall and somehow stumbled on a lipstick sold at a Kiehl's counter in Neiman Marcus. I fell in love with it and made it a staple. Not to date myself or anything, but this was back when I was rockin' Chanel's "Vamp" nail polish. Back then you could only buy Kiehl's from the actual store in New York City or Neiman Marcus. There was no website.

At any rate Kiehl's is the exclusive sponsor of Derek Lam's Fall 2008 show. They were introduced by his stylist, Kate Young, who is the fashion expert for Kiehl's. Everyone attending the show will receive a gift bag of the following products: Rice & Wheat Volumizing Shampoo, the Dermatologist Solutions Epidermal Re-Texturing Micro-dermabrasion, Centella Recovery Skin Salve, Centella Skin-Calming Facial Cleanser, Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate, and Lip Balm #1. Wow!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... i have tried their skin care... but never their cosmetics... i need good skin care for oily skin... any recommendations?

February 7, 2008 at 10:52 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

I know they sell lip glosses, but I'm not even sure if they still sell their lipsticks...I don't think so and I'm not gonna mention the year I was wearing their lipsticks ;)

Kiehl's has great products for oily skin and I also like Dermalogica. I'd suggest the following for an oily skin type: cleanser (gel-steer clear of milky cleansers), toner (for oily skin), exfoliant, mask (clay based), and an oil-free moisturizer with an SPF for day and an oil-free moisturizer with antioxidants for night.

The great thing about oily skin is that you'll age a lot slower because of the over-production of natural oils keeping your skin from drying out!

February 8, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Post a Comment