Kinky Curly to the Coil Rescue!



Ladies, I think I've found what I've been waiting for - a hair system that does not freeze dry, overslick or weigh down the natural bounce and beauty of my curls, while giving them pretty amazing definition. A seriously rambunctious Woo Hoo! goes out to the folks over at Kinky Curly for that. Remarkably, I hadn't tried their products before now, though I had heard lots about them. After being regaled with tales of overly-crunchy tresses and unfortunate white residue on hair, I made sure to consult the styling tips section of the brand's website before diving into my test drive.

I stuck to the magical triumvirate of Come Clean Shampoo, Knot Today Leave-In Detangler and Conditioner, and Curling Custard. Time after time, the results have left me very, very pleased. Experiment with the ratio of Knot Today and Curling Custard as different proportions yield different results, and that can be a very good (read 'versatile') thing. I found that my hair texture loves more Knot Today and a small amount of the Custard (which is concentrated).

On those days when I have to have my fix of Big Hair, I use the Knot Today, allow it to air dry to slightly damp overnight, and then add a bit more in the morning followed by a scrunch through of a couple healthy dabs of the Curling Custard. Refreshing was easy with a water assist, either with wet hands or the spray bottle.

Fan-tab-u-LOUS!

What do you think of Kinky Curly's products? -Zee

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment