Relax those Tresses with Hair Dew



Does your hair need to relax? Well, there's a new creamy crack in town, good people. I've got a bunch of folks in my family jonesing and I bet you could use a dose too. What are we addicted to? Hair Dew. This lightweight, leave-in moisturizer from the team over at Oyin Handmade will leave your hair cooing with satisfaction while looking its Sunday-best, every day of the week.

I have used the Dew on my soaking wet hair right after washing and conditioning, as well as on my air dried hair, both as primary moisturizer and to control frizziness for a slicked back pony or bun. It has done me right in each of those scenarios, but perhaps more impressively, it has stood up to the Four Niece Test. I have four nieces, each with a different texture, from fine and potentially limp to very dense and coarse.

The Dew was the perfect pre-styling cream for their braids, afro-puffs and ponytails, leaving their hair pliable and less prone to breakage. A major selling point for using it on the kiddies, and yourself, is the absence of mineral, paraffin or petroleum oils in the leave-in's formula. Needless to say (though I'll go ahead and say it anyway), my sister managed to convince me to leave my 16 oz bottle with her. Good for them, though not so hot for me as my hair anxiously awaits its next fix!

Have any of you given Hair Dew a try? Let us know what you think.
-Zee

 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmh this sounds good! I may get this. But one question how does it smell? My past experience with Oyin is that their scents were a lil too "chocolatey" for me. :/ I gave away the whipped pudding...for that reason. TIA :)

March 18, 2011 at 1:47 PM
augusta said...

i will have to give this a try

March 18, 2011 at 7:21 PM
Zee said...

@H-The scent was not quite "chocolately" to me, but quite nutty. I first bought the 8 oz bottle and had such great results that I upgraded to the 16 oz size. Depending on your location, you may be able to find a retailer who sells it and do the sniff test before you buy!

March 18, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Zee said...

@Augusta-let us know what you think once you do!

March 18, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Anonymous said...

I'm sold! Just added it to my list. :)

March 18, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Zee said...

@Anonymous-hope it makes your hair happy. :)

March 19, 2011 at 7:36 AM
Unknown said...

I'm going to buy this for my mom she wears her hair natural and curly. She is addicted to Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream. It's time for something new.

March 19, 2011 at 8:03 AM
John and Susan Smith said...

Okay, I just ordered it. I hope this is the product because my cabinet is full of others that have not done the job.

March 19, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Zee said...

@Shalon, please let us know what your mom thinks. Hopefully the Hair Dew works its magic on her hair as well. :)

March 19, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Zee said...

@Susan-the pressure is on! I'm feeling it! LOL. My hair texture really responds fantastically to the Dew, and it worked well moisturizing my neices' hair. Can't wait to hear what you find it does for you!

March 19, 2011 at 1:17 PM
Rozz said...

Of course I've tried it! I'm an Oyin Handmade junkie! Started out with the 8oz bottle but just received my order the other day with my 16oz bottle. I love Hair Dew's moisturizing properties on both wet and dry hair. Especially on my 2-strand twists and then once I wear a twist out, my hair is well moisturized and luscious. I love the scent. I say it smells like toasted almonds. It's awesome!

March 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM
KELLY said...

Yes, I have tried it and I have told my other natural sisiters about it. My hair is thin and coarse and when I applied Hair Dew to my hair it made my hair soooo soft. Even after my hair dried, it was easy to comb. Love it!

March 28, 2011 at 7:50 AM
Zee said...

@Rozz-Toasted almonds is a great call on the scent! Thanks for sharing your experience. I am a lover of Oyin Handmade as well :)

March 28, 2011 at 11:18 AM
Zee said...

@Kelly-Totally agree on the soft results. Hair Dew is one of those very effective products from which people with both chemically processed (color, perms, etc)and natural hair will greatly benefit. Thanks for commenting!

March 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Ugochi @ Beauty 365 said...

Oooh! i love Oyin! The Burnt Sugar Pomade + Shine N Define are my faaaaves.

July 24, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Post a Comment