Fight the Good Fight with Origins Clear Improvement Mask



Good people, I have been fighting the good fight against breakouts lately. Between the pollution of New York City, the harsh, cold winter air and drying indoor heat, my poor combination skin has been suffering big time. Despite the constant drilling of Ms. Mischo Beauty herself (Kitiya), I have not been a regular mask user, but I am here to tell you that this has all changed now! Thank you, Origins Clear Improvement Mask, for showing me the light!

This mask's main active ingredient is active charcoal, lauded widely for it's "adsorptive" powers, which means it has the ability to attract substances to itself and make them stick. So, when accompanied with heat, active charcoal seeps down to the lower dermal layer of your skin, magnetizes oil, bacteria and toxins and rids your skin of the nasty critters that can lead to acne, inflammation and a generally unhealthy-looking complexion. If you have oily skin, or combination skin, this mask, which also contains clay, could be a great alternative or sidekick to a lot of the salicylic acid-containing products we are often encouraged to use.

I tried it: my skin looked tauter, my blemishes dried out and perhaps best of all, my pores appeared smaller! The pore thing is huge since I am genetically predisposed to large pores in certain zones of my face and I'm always on the hunt for a great product that effectively works to minimize them, with as many natural ingredients as possible. The mask has now become a twice weekly ritual.

Use it only in your t-zone if that is where the oil is. If you have sensitive skin like I do, apply a thinner layer for your first application, since afterward you may experience a lingering (10-15 minutes for me) hot sensation and a bit of a flushed cheek. This is probably due to myrtle, also an ingredient, which can be irritating for those of us with sensitive skin. And also be aware that rinsing the mask off is not quick work, but the result is well worth it.

Have you used this mask before? What did you think? -Zee

 

9 comments:

artdecodiamonds said...

I'm going to give it a try.. this winter has been tough on my skin!

January 8, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Zee said...

Yes, if you have oily skin or combination skin with an oil problem, this may really help you out. Good detox and your face will appreciate you for it. :) Let me know what you think!

January 9, 2011 at 2:11 AM
Abi said...

I have dry skin but I decided to give this mask a try as I like origins products.
Sad thing this mask gives me pimples on my chin I asked my origins rep and she said perhaps because I use it too often (twice a week) I will finish the bottle then give a try to ahava dead sea mask. Dead see mask used to work for me. It makes my pores looks smaller and it reduces my pimples. With origins clay mask I feel like it irritates my skin any suggestions Misho?

January 9, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Tina Beanie said...

This is a GREAT Mask and has been one of staple go to mask for years. Another good mask is Bliss Steep Clean.

January 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM
Zee said...

@Abi, I think Kitiya is the best person to offer suggestions based on her expertise, but what I do know is that the Origins mask contains, among other things, myrtle which can be very irritating for certain people. Too bad it didn't work for you, but please share how effective you find the Ahava mask after you give it a another go!

January 9, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Zee said...

@Tina aka Beanie, thanks for that recommendation. I am going to give it a try. :)

January 9, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Andrea F said...

smaller pores... i'm all over it!!! Thx Zee ;)

January 11, 2011 at 1:18 PM
Zee said...

@Andrea F-LOL, right? We all appreciate smaller pores!! :)) Let me know what you think if you try it out.

January 12, 2011 at 1:02 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Abi: I'd definitely discontinue using this mask if it breaks out your chin area! I'm assuming you have combination or oily skin and that's the reason you're using a setting mask (which normally use clay as their base - harden, dry, absorb oil and remove dead skin cells). I would continue to search for a clay-based mask until finding one that works best for you.

I hope that helps!

January 29, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Post a Comment