Mischo Beauty School: Haircolor 101



If you watched last night's Emmy Awards, then you probably saw Christina Hendrick's signature red hair, which always looks amazing! I tweeted that everyone should go "red" this fall, but realistically speaking we all know that the best haircolor for you is the one that complements your skin tone and works for your lifestyle.

And with that said, let's review the basics of haircolor. It falls into four categories: temporary, semipermanent, demipermanent, and permanent.

Temporary Haircolor:
Coats the hair shaft and is easily removed by shampooing. Examples include: color rinses or color-enhancing shampoos.

Semipermanent Haircolor:
Partially penetrates the hair shaft and slowly fades with shampooing. It doesn't lighten the hair and is usually used to enhance fading haircolor.

Demipermanent Haircolor:
Doesn't lighten hair and, like semipermanent haircolor, it is used to enhance fading haircolor. It penetrates the hair shaft and lasts longer than semipermanent haircolor.

Permanent Haircolor:
Used to lighten hair and cover grey. It remains in the hair shaft until the growth of new hair.

Any questions? Love your hair.

 

4 comments:

Shana Janelle said...

*raises hand* yes I have a question! :) I have been salivating over dying my baby locs a deep shade of red for the longest time now. I even have the inspired color saved on my phone LOL - Kia mentioned that perm color may straighten my hair a bit and any locs that havent fully loc'd yet may suffer - any thoughts? I MUST have my red color soon! BTW-I think I saw you on the train late last week, but I was half awake and didnt realize it in enough time to say hello. :) Anyway, if it was you your hair is GORG!

August 30, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shana: Hey girly! No worries about the haircolor. It might straighten your hair somewhat (it is a chemical), but I don't think your locs will suffer too much. I say go for it! Going "Red" is definitely the trend this fall (well, anytime! ;)....

And yes, I think I saw you too - green line, right? LOL. I'm always half asleep on the train, too... hopefully we'll get to meet soon! Take care.

September 1, 2010 at 2:54 PM
airburshmakeup said...

I wanted to be blonde, I am born with black hair and I don't like it, I will try something else.

September 23, 2010 at 6:29 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To airburshmakeup: Embrace your natural haircolor! ;)

October 17, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Post a Comment