Mischo Beauty School: Facial Masks 101



After tweeting last Sunday about my mini-facial regimen, I received quite a few emails requesting recommendations of a good mask. But, before I suggest a mask, I always need to know your skin type because generally there are two types of masks I recommend: setting & non-setting masks.

Setting masks, which normally use clay as their base- harden, dry, absorb oil and remove dead skin cells. Non-setting masks can be used for normal, dry or sensitive skin and are primarily nourishing, hydrating and soothing.

Benefits of masks include some of the following:

1. Tighten and tone the skin
2. Draw impurities out of the pores
3. Assist in clearing of blemishes
4. Hydrate & nourish the skin
5. Calm & soothe the skin

I personally use a combination of both mask types. I use a setting mask on my oily t-zone and a non-setting mask everywhere else. So there you have it!

Please continue to email your questions! Love your skin.

 

4 comments:

vonnie said...

i want to try some Korres face masks because I fell in LOVE with their honey and thyme moisturizer this weekend :D


http://socialitedreams.wordpress.com/

August 9, 2010 at 12:11 PM
Calming said...

I tried this mask from Clearly Beautiful it has this pure plant collagen delivery system. It was pretty good, I am going to put up a post later, but this would be a non-setting mask according to your post.

August 10, 2010 at 7:56 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Vonnie: You should, they have great products!

September 8, 2010 at 6:56 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Calming: Nice! Can't wait to read your post. :)

September 8, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Post a Comment