Beautiful hair needs an expert: Mason Pearson Hairbrush

So today's expert is Ted Gibson, hairstylist to the stars and owner of the Ted Gibson Salon in New York. He recommends handmade Mason Pearson brushes as necessary tools for maintaining healthy hair. They stimulate the scalp and spread the hair's natural oils from roots to ends.

I own the "Detangler" with nylon tufts in white/ivory, which is recommended for very thick hair and as a detangler for wet hair. This was an investment- I know my hair is totally worth it- and I think it's a must in maintaining the health of Nia Long's hair!

Do you own a Mason Pearson brush? If so, do you recommend it?

 

8 comments:

MakeupByRenRen said...

i've heard of this before...where can you purchase them?

January 26, 2009 at 12:45 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "MakeupByRenRen": Blue Mercury carries them:

http://www.bluemercury.com

Thanks! :)

January 26, 2009 at 3:15 PM
Anonymous said...

yeah i think that brush is a must have... gotta get one soon ;)

January 27, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: I think you'll love it. :)

February 2, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Anonymous said...

I bought my Mason Pearson (Mixed Bristle & Nylon Popular BN1) in Dark Ruby from Ebay for $AU 160. I saved myself over $AU 50!

I've been using it for about a week now and I've noticed my hair is incredibly soft and shiny and my scalp is a lot cleaner from dust, dandruff and loose hair. Really good quality stuff.

March 15, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": Yay for you- so glad you like it! I love mine. :)

March 17, 2009 at 3:07 PM
Anonymous said...

Mischo,
Do you use this on wet or dry hair? Looking for a
brush that won't pull out my hair when i do my nightly wraps?

Thanks
tiffany

May 7, 2009 at 2:25 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": I use it on both, and I've had no issues. :)

June 5, 2009 at 3:12 AM

Post a Comment