Mischo Beauty Pick: Dr. Susan Taylor's Rx for Brown Skin

I've fallen in love with Dr. Susan Taylor's Rx for Brown Skin's Body Lotion and Body Butter. I started testing them out about a month ago and I'm pleased with the results. Both are formulated with a blend of olive fruit extract and natural essential oils of orange, bergamot, mandarin and rosewood- which all work to brighten and purify the skin. What sets them apart from other moisturizers is the fact that they're formulated to even skintone and they're developed by a dermatologist!

The body butter is pictured above on the left side of my hand and the body lotion is on the right.
The texture of the body butter is rich and creamy and my preference was to use it immediately after a bath, while my skin was still moist and my pores were still open, to ensure maximum absorption. Oh, and my feet loved it too!
I used the body lotion during the day, taking it with me to use as a handcream throughout the day. It's texture is lighter than the body butter, but both absorb quickly and are non-greasy- which I love!
Rx for Brown Skin is the first dermatologist-created skincare line created for women of color (Black, Latina, Asian, Indian, and Middle Eastern) by Dr. Susan Taylor. She's also written a book called "Dr. Susan Taylor's Rx for Brown Skin" which covers beauty basics, top skin-of-color concerns and beauty for life. For those of you who've emailed me with regards to hyperpigmentation and other skincare issues, this is a good reference for you- buy it! She addresses skin pigmentation, scars, acne and other issues.
The product line also includes a Virtual Peel which is a gentle chemical exfoliant. I plan to test it this weekend and include my results in my "Mischo Beauty School: Peels 101" post next Monday.
The Bright and Even Exfoliating Kit was developed for those of you who have issues with hyperpigmentation or dull and uneven skintones. I love it because it's a complete regimen- cleanser, toner, moisturizer and advanced botanical brightener- yay! No guessing or over-thinking required - this is a perfect start for those of you who are making resolutions to take better care of your skin. As I've said before- healthy skin is beautiful skin!

Will you consider this line for your skincare needs?

 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to add this to my post about my personal beauty resolutions! Thanks for posting this!

December 24, 2008 at 10:27 PM
Anonymous said...

So I'm pretty sure you just handed me my new year's resolution regimen, and that kit has great reviews at Sephora.com. It's like you handpicked it for me! I'll be Sephora's first customer after Christmas! hehehe I'll definitely let you know how I like it.

December 24, 2008 at 11:58 PM
www.johnicareed.com said...

Let me know how the virtual peel works out!

December 25, 2008 at 9:04 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anjela: Whooo-hoooo! Yay! Thanks girly. :)

December 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Nadia: Goodie! Yay! Checking out your review now. :)

December 29, 2008 at 1:16 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Urbane Girl": Will do. I'll post the review this week. :)

December 29, 2008 at 1:18 PM
Anonymous said...

have you seen a difference since using this?

December 31, 2008 at 5:18 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: Yes- I recommend both the lotion & body butter! :)

December 31, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Post a Comment