Mischo Beauty Fashion Week Coverage: Davines Backstage at Geova Spring 2009 #NYFW


I was given yet another backstage opportunity and it was to cover Davines backstage at the Geova Spring 2009 runway show. I'm a HUGE fan of Davines products since learning about and using them during my apprenticeship at Vidal Sassoon. My favorites are definitely the Lovely Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner. I also love the No. 9 Structuring Mist Finishing Spray.

The Defining Volume Mousse was actually mixed with the Defining Texturizer to add lift at the roots through to the midshaft, protect the hair from the heat of the curing irons and add shine.

The Defining Texturizer is heat activated and provides lift at the roots, while strengthening the hair.


The No. 9 Structuring Mist adds shine to the hair, as well as a flexible hold. So, if the designer were to change the direction for the hair, the hair can easily be re-styled.

The inspiration for the look was "1920's Surrealism" and the final look consisted of a deep side-part, with hair curled, waved,teased and effortlessly swept to the side.




What do you think?

Click Here

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really like the effortless, tosseled look... the deconstruction of the ringlet curls they started out with were executed very well :)

September 13, 2008 at 7:21 PM
Anonymous said...

Can I just say that I love Davines products also??! The Love shampoo and conditioner truly gave my curls lots of love and tenderness (and the smell grew on me). I need to pick up some more! ;0)

September 22, 2008 at 3:23 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: I agree! The final runway look was amazing! :)

September 22, 2008 at 6:20 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "curly gurl": I looooooooove the smell of the Lovely shampoo & conditioner- definitely my fave Davines products!

September 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM
Anonymous said...

The makeup is pretty. I like the strong brow. Who did it?

August 3, 2009 at 8:57 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": I'm actually not sure- for this show my focus was on hair only. :)

August 3, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Post a Comment