Mischo Beauty Extra: "You Dont' Know Jacques!" Nail Polish by OPI










I am deeply in love with OPI's "You Don't Know Jacques!". The pictures aren't the best this week because I took these while on the train heading back to DC from NYC last Friday. And yes, these are some of the pictures I uploaded to Twitter.

Some of you may remember the color I wore to Fashion Week- which I loved, but after touring the Creative Nail Design Studio and falling in love with their #6, from the upcoming Spring 2009 collection, I was on a mission to find a chic gray for my nails. "You Don't Know Jacques!", part of OPI's fall/winter 2008 collection, is actually a taupe (grayish-brown) and to my surprise looks very chic on my nails.

I fell in love with it instantly! My friend Andrea introduced me to Essie's "Good To Go" top coat- and seriously- it is the FASTEST drying top coat I've ever used! I tested it out in cab, while at Fashion Week heading to a show, and it dried instantly with incredible shine- no smudges! Where has this top coat been all my life?

 

16 comments:

MakeupByRenRen said...

oh i need that top coat! and ur right, ur nails do look very chic!

September 16, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Product Junkie Diva said...

I like the color on you. I need that Essie product also.
PJD

September 16, 2008 at 10:32 AM
Confessions of a Makeup Whore and Product Junkie said...

I love the color and I'm a huge fan of the top coat! I'm also loving Sephora's OPI color in "Metro Chic" that's just 1/2shade lighter than "You Don't Know Jacques!" with just a smidge more of a purple tint to it.

September 16, 2008 at 11:01 AM
Unknown said...

I tried that color on at Ulta on me and it looked like murky pond water with my skin color.

But Diva-Love you are rocking it! lol!

I got that Essie top coat too. but its stuck and wont come open. Any suggestions on getting nail polish open?

September 16, 2008 at 11:24 AM
antithesis said...

that color looks nice on your nails.

September 16, 2008 at 12:48 PM
beautylogicblog said...

I love that top coat. it is fantastic.

September 16, 2008 at 6:34 PM
Wes said...

I'm still going to find this polish

September 17, 2008 at 9:22 AM
Anonymous said...

OMG... i've GOT to get that polish... i LOVE that color on your nails! i'm glad i could introduce you to something new that you like... i SWEAR by that quick dry top coat... it's all i use ;)

September 18, 2008 at 9:18 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "MakeupByRenRen": Thank you! That top coat is the real deal! :)

September 22, 2008 at 8:27 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Product Junkie Diva": I swear by that top coat! Please let me know your thoughts once you try it!

September 22, 2008 at 8:28 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Confessions of a Makeup Whore and Product": Oh- I just checked out "Metro Chic" and it's the only color sold out from the Sephora OPI collection. I must try it. Thanks for that! :)

September 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Jamie @ Rural Glamour": Sorry to hear that!!! And thank you. :)

I'd probably return that Essie top coat- it definitely shouldn't be sticking like that!

September 22, 2008 at 8:32 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "antithesis": Thank you! :)

September 22, 2008 at 8:32 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Dominican Enigma": That top coat is amazing! :)

September 22, 2008 at 8:33 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Wes: Yes- get it! I think you'll love it. :)

September 22, 2008 at 8:33 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Andrea: Yes, you definitely need to add this color to your collection of gray nail polish!

And, thank you again for the fabulous top coat! :)

September 22, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Post a Comment