Mischo Beauty Product Review: African Pride Miracle Deep Conditioning No Lye Relaxer System

My fascination with relaxers started at a young age. I was allowed to get my very first relaxer my sophomore year in high school, only because I had a job and could pay for it. This fascination grew over the years and by my senior year at Spelman, my friend and I were researching the differences between "lye" and "no-lye" relaxers for our final analytical chemistry project. I've discussed the differences in a previous post, so I won't go into it again. What I do like about this African Pride Miracle Deep Conditioning No Lye Relaxer System is that it is a "no-lye" relaxer (which I recommend for home use!), which means it's not as strong as a "lye" relaxer. I also like the fact that it contains "healing & hydrating herbs" which work to moisturize, protect and condition the hair. This isn't a "natural" relaxer (by the way, there is no such thing!) but the benefits of the natural ingredients will help to keep your hair in good health. Lastly, I love the fact that this comes in "regular", "super" and "sensitive" strengths, because using a relaxer strength stronger than what's needed for your particular hair texture/need could result in serious damage!

Any questions?

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but miso arent you the red-headed girl in your photos? it doesnt even seem like you need a relaxer at all! You seem to be Caucasian decent.

July 1, 2008 at 1:38 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Jazmine": LOL! Yes that's me! And yes my hair type is 4a/4b, so I'm a #1 candidate for a relaxer! And believe me, I've had my fair share of them over the years! LOL!

Be sure to check this one out and thanks for stopping by! :)

July 1, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Jazmine": Oh, be sure to check out my other posts on relaxers- just do a search on the word. Thanks! :)

July 1, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Post a Comment