Beautiful hair needs an expert: Elasta QP Design Foam



By the time I finished cosmetology school I'd mastered finishing a roller-set in 8 minutues! I was the fastest and earned the crown of "roller-set queen"! It's funny, I know, but you're taught that "time is money" and you shouldn't spend all day sectioning, applying product and rolling a client's hair- plus, you need to factor in drying time, especially if a client has thick hair. The bottom line was that you won't make money if you're slow!

Anyway, I love this cover of Beyonce in a roller-set and I'd recommend Elasta QP's Design Foam for achieving a soft set with lots of body. This foam doesn't make the hair feel hard once it's dry and a little goes a long way, so be sure to use only what's needed based on the texture/length of your hair. It helps to detangle hair, making it easy to section off. I also love how it leaves the hair soft and shiny.

Do you roller-set your own hair- or does your stylist do it?

 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the cover too. I do rollerset my own hair and have it done at the salon. The salon I go to uses Lottabody (diluted) or they use Paul Mitchell, which I don't like, it leaves my hair crunchy. When I do it I use Lottabody.

Do you think that the Kerastase Ole Relax would work on hair that is rollerset instead of blown dry?

July 4, 2008 at 9:21 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Shalon: I've never used the Kerastase Oleo Relax for a roller set... I don't think it would give you the hold you'd need.

Try the Elasta QP Design Foam and let me know if you like it!

July 4, 2008 at 11:30 PM
Anonymous said...

Question: I'm French and Swedish and my hair is oily the 2nd day after I wash it but my ends get dry, its also mid back in length. I'd like to style my hair in finger waves and wear it curled at the ends and brushed to be soft, a forties glamor look. Can you recommend a product to set the waves while wet?

January 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": If you're trying to achieve a "40's Glamour" look, then you want soft waves. I'd recommend using a mousse. Try Sebastian's Mousse Forte, Kerastase's Mousse Nutri-Sculpt or Paul Mitchell's Super Sculpt, Hair Sculpting Lotion or Sculpting Foam.

Because I haven't felt your hair texture, I don't know which will work for sure. You'll have to test/sample and select based on your hair type.

Normally, gel is used to set finger waves in place. But, since you plan to brush your hair out for a softer look, the gel will be too harsh and will make your hair hard. And, brushing your hair out will be a huge task.

I hope this helps! :)

January 15, 2009 at 11:20 AM
Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for answering my question!!!
What a wonderful resource you are! :-)
I had a similar thought about the gel but I don't know that mouse will be strong enough to hold the finger waves. So my task is to find a styling lotion that wont be too "greasy" for my fine Caucasian hair. Would you agree that Paul Mitchelle's lotion/super sculpt is a good fit?

January 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Anonymous": You're very welcome! I haven't actually tried Paul Mitchell's lotion/super sculpt- but I do suggest it. And please keep in mind, it might be trial & error before you find the perfect product for your hair/look. :)

January 25, 2009 at 12:42 AM
VenscomOria-su said...

VenscomOria-su William Walker https://wakelet.com/wake/VhlSIabD8uHVBl5pbW8Aj
passnewmesi

April 25, 2022 at 8:10 AM
submerYsope said...

submerYsope Vida Terrell Corel VideoStudio Pro
Winamp Pro
Everest
lodardestfib

August 26, 2022 at 12:30 PM

Post a Comment