Beautiful hair needs an expert: Hana Professional 1" Flat Iron


If you've been following my blog, then you all know that I'm a hairstylist and was taught the proper way to flat iron hair during my apprenticeship at Vidal Sassoon. I own about six flat irons- a few of which I bought while in cosmetology school and a few more when I'd started apprenticing. Right now I'm using the Hana Professional 1" Ceramic Flat Iron and I'm loving it! First I love the fact that the ceramic plates are infused with tourmaline, so I can count on an even distribution of heat and a smooth finish with lots of shine. And because I'm always doing my hair on the go (which means I'm wrapping up a hot flat iron and throwing it in my bag- dangerous, I know!) I'm loving the fact that this comes with a heat proof storage pouch and a heat proof silicone mat. And by now we know how important a temperature dial is! I've said this before- not everyone can flat iron their hair on the same temperature setting, without causing damage. This includes a temperature dial, allowing you to set the temperature based on your hair's texture and needs. This is perfect for the jet-setting Beyonce and I recommend it for you!

Any questions?

 

12 comments:

BonafideLatina~ said...

This is the 2nd review I see on the Hana flat iron - thats a good sign. I've been looking for a new flat iron since mine is about 4 years old and I feel it's outdated :)

What products do you recommend to have the best flat iron results? Is there a particular heat protection product you put on your tresses prior to flat ironing?

THX!

June 27, 2008 at 10:53 AM
beautylogicblog said...

Yes I'm reviewing it too next week. I'm super excited!

June 27, 2008 at 10:55 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "bonafidelatina": Oh good! Invest in a really good flat iron- your hair will love you for it!

Here's what I've used in the past:

- Kerastase Oleo-Relax
- Kerastase Elixir Oleo-Relax
- BioSilk Thermal Shield
- CHI Silk Infusion™ - Reconstructing Complex
- Elasta QP Silk
- FHI Heat Hot Sauce

Right now I'm using Giovanni's VITAPRO FUSION™ Protective Moisture
Leave-In Hair Treatment with PureOrganic Technology. I'd been wanting to try Giovanni products for a while now- based on "Dominican Enigma's" suggestion.

So I bought the Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Shampoo, 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner, and the leave-in treatment.

So far so good... I'll write a post in a few weeks on it.

June 27, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Dominican Enigma": Can't wait to see your post! I loved it! :)

June 27, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Amee said...

I've been hearing alot about the Hana flat iron also!!

Mischo I really NEED You in CALI hooking my head up!!

June 27, 2008 at 5:58 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Amee": Well I loved it! Definitely check it out! Oh and the next time I'm on the west coast we'll definitely have to get together for drinks! :)

June 27, 2008 at 10:15 PM
Wes said...

Thanks for the compliments Mischo!!! ...I'm also a huge fan of flat irons and I love mine to DEATH! I have the Megastar Nano from Misikko as well.

June 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To "Wes": You are welcome! You have a great blog- keep it up! :) Oh and I'm loving my Hana flat iron- it's a really good one!!

June 30, 2008 at 9:07 PM
Anonymous said...

hi need a new flat iron i've had mine now for quite a while and use it everyday but it tends to make my hair frizzy,is there any products you'd suggest?

November 10, 2009 at 5:40 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous: Maybe you should also consider a new flat iron? Also, I wouldn't suggest using it everyday, due to the fact that it could cause damage. Products I'd recommend are as follows:

- Kerastase Oleo-Relax
- Kerastase Elixir Oleo-Relax
- BioSilk Thermal Shield
- CHI Silk Infusion™ - Reconstructing Complex
- Elasta QP Silk
- FHI Heat Hot Sauce

Thanks!

November 28, 2009 at 11:29 PM
Anonymous said...

wow this is so niceee
i haveee one flat iron it called vidal sasson pro elite cen you tell me that is god? im from kosova

February 22, 2010 at 10:36 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

To Anonymous: Thanks. Unfortunately I've never tried the Vidal Sassoon flat iron.

March 11, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Post a Comment