Mischo Beauty Review: Erth Mineral Makeup

I'm not a user of mineral makeup so when I was presented with an opportunity to try Erth Mineral Makeup I could hardly wait! I've said this before and I'll say it again, clean and healthy skin is the foundation for beautiful makeup! If your preference for a facial exfoliant is a physical exfoliant, then you'll love the Organic Berry Scrub. It's a combination of fruit pulp and glycolic and alpha lipoic acids that gently work to effectively exfoliate dead skin cells. It left my skin so soft and smooth. The paraben-free Balancing Moisturizer has a rich and creamy texture and not only did it quickly absorb into my skin, but it doubled as a nice primer for the Mineral Foundation. I love the fact that the Mineral Foundations are not only easily buildable, depending on your preferences for coverage, but they also contain an SPF 15. The more protection from the sun, the better! My Mineral Blusher of choice is Petal, which looks very soft and natural on my skin. Glow was my favorite Mineral Bronzer because it was the perfect sun-kissed accent my skin needed during these rainy days of April. Finally, I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised at how pigmented the Intensity Eyeshadows are on my skin. The colors are gorgeous and definitely work with every complexion. I think everyone will discover their own personal favorites in this line and be just as pleasantly surprised as I was!

Has anyone tried Erth skincare or makeup? If so, what are your thoughts?

(logo courtesy of lushbrush.com)

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I have been trying to decide which mineral makeup brand to give a try. I've been checking them out, but I am generally not a foundation wearer. One of my co-workers, though, has been wearing a mineral powder (I have to ask her for the brand name again) and she looks amazing! I have given her several compliments, and now (since I have asked on numerous occasions) I am convinced that she looks her most natural and seriously radiant (I am not exagerrating either) when she wears only the bronzer from whatever line of mineral cosmetics she is using. I absolutely love it. Of course, I am a mid-spectrum light brown and she is a very fair person with no brown/red/orange undertones so I don't know if hers would work for me. I am also confused (since I lack experience) on whether to choose medium or dark with products that do not seem directly marketed to women of color. Could you advise me on that?
Thanks! And thanks for the review; I think I may actually jump in and give it a try :0)

April 16, 2008 at 11:25 AM
Mischo Beauty said...

You should give this line a try! The best advice I have is to test it out to see what you feel most comfortable with- shades/colors will differ with each brand, but no need to fret because there is a shade for you!

Here's a link to Erth Mineral Makeup's bronzers:

http://www.lushbrush.com/ErthMineralBronzers.htm

Please let me know what you think!

April 16, 2008 at 12:00 PM
Anonymous said...

Okay, just ordered the sampler off the website. Let's see if I am as "pleasantly surprised" as you were! I hope so, since I do need a grown and sexy "finished" look every now and again...and they had a special sampler for women of African descent!!! Woo hah for that!

April 16, 2008 at 1:23 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Whooo-hoooo! Good for you! Please let me know your thoughts on it!

April 16, 2008 at 1:47 PM
Anonymous said...

Okay, been really perusing their website and guess what??!! I absolutely love it! They have a line for teenagers! Safe and sheer makeup for teens. That is amazing and socially responsible. Looking out for the well being of the children is very important. Check it out. I am forwarding to my cousin who has a teenage daughter. http://www.dragonflyminerals.lushbrush.com/

wow. i am impressed.

April 16, 2008 at 2:41 PM
Mischo Beauty said...

Oh wow- thanks for pointing that one out to me! I'm going to check it out now.

April 16, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Post a Comment