Mischo Beauty School: Haircolor 101



I’m passionate about haircolor and I’ve wanted to discuss this topic for quite some time. My apprenticeship at Vidal Sassoon required me to search high and low for models wanting root touch-ups, highlights, gray coverage, bleach & tone, highlift blonde, and single & double processes. Believe it or not, I was always able to find a model that needed one of these services and the results always left me amazed and excited about the next assignment.

With that said, let’s discuss haircolor. Haircolor falls into four categories: temporary, semipermanent, demipermanent, and permanent.

1. Temporary haircolor coats the hair shaft and is easily removed by shampooing. Examples include color rinses or color-enhancing shampoos.

2. Semipermanent haircolor partially penetrates the hair shaft and slowly fades with shampooing. It doesn’t lighten the hair and is usually used to enhance fading haircolor.

3. Demipermanent haircolor doesn’t lighten hair and, like semipermanent haircolor, it is used to enhance fading haircolor. It penetrates the hair shaft and lasts longer than semipermanent haircolor.

4. Permanent haircolor is used to lighten hair and cover gray. It remains in the hair shaft until the growth of new hair.

Love your hair.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment